Our Foot Doctors located in Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Sun City Center and Town 'N' Country can help with your biomechanical analysis
Whether you are a professional athlete or play sports just for fun, the demands made on your feet and lower limbs can lead to a range of injuries, including blisters, sprained ankles, torn ligaments, shin splints (leg pain), knee pain, low back pain and other joint or muscle problems. Added to these are common complaints such as corns, calluses and Athlete’s foot. Your running style, poor footwear and even minor limb length differences can also contribute to sports injury.
Visiting a podiatrist at Fit Feet for Life should be your fist step towards getting back on your feet after a sports injury. Dr. Sanchez, Dr. Cook and Dr. Nguyen can not only help treat your current foot or ankle pain, but provide you with helpful tips to prevent future sports injuries.
Here are some tips for athletic foot care:
- Wash your feet every day, and dry thoroughly.
- Wear only good-quality, well-fitting cotton socks.
- Always use the correct shoe for each sport and surface.
- Get in shape. Being overweight or out of shape places added stress on the feet. Condition yourself gradually with stretching exercises for 15-20 minutes before starting and after any activity (“warm-up” and “warm-down”).
- Wear correct shoes. Footwear should be given the same consideration as any other piece of sporting equipment. Sports shoes should protect as much as possible, be durable, and should be right for the sport and surface. If running, the shoe should have adequate cushioning in the mid-sole and a flared heel for stability.
What Are Custom-Made Orthotics?
Custom-made orthotics are prescription shoe inserts, which improve the function of your feet and gait by supporting your feet and controlling the way they move. Orthotics are prescribed for foot, leg, and even lower back pain, including plantar fasciitis, heel spur syndrome, collapsed arches, high arches, and sprains among other foot and leg problems.
At Fit Feet For Life, our custom-made orthotics are manufactured from a mold of your feet. Orthotics can be made for general everyday use, typically “dress orthotics” that fit in most shoes or for specific functions such as “running orthotics,” “walking orthotics,” or “golf orthotics”.
To make your orthotics the doctor consults with you, analyzes your feet and gait, and discusses your specific issues, goals, and activities around which your orthotics will be custom made and designed.
Some insurance plans and most flexible spending accounts offer reimbursement for custom made orthotics, check with your carrier or administrator. Private payment is also available.
At Fit Feet For Life we pride ourselves on providing you with the highest quality orthotics available in the Sun City, St. Petersburg, and Clearwater areas, and we also guarantee your satisfaction. Call us today for to a consultation.